Because, why not.
001. I am on the autism spectrum.
002. I collect original art/paintings I find in thrift shops.
003. I didn't move out on my own until I was in my 30s.
004. I get annoyed when people assume I agree with all their views because I dress in black and have purple (or whatever) hair. People are a little more complex than that. I really am a mixed bag of opinions. Most people are, I think.
005. I'm obsessed with the different Mountain Dew flavors. Code Red is my favorite.
006. I don't really like superhero comics. Unless it's Batman or Spiderman. I'm more of a Sandman gal, I guess.
007. I love the hurdy gurdy! Coolest instrument ever invented. I want one but they're pretty expensive.
008. I'm a natural pessimist.
009. I am scared to death of aliens, especially the stereotypical grey alien. If we ever get invaded, I'll probably just die of a heart attack. Why I love watching movies about alien invasions is...beyond me XD I guess the same reason I watch horror movies with clowns? We like to scare ourselves I suppose.
010. I am also scared of spiders, clowns, and plenty of other stupid things.
011. My favorite color is purple.
012. Cats are my favorite animal. My cat Oscar is like my CHILD.
013. The first anime I remember watching was Ronin Warriors.
014. The week I was likely concieved, Ghostbusters was the number one movie at the box office in the US.
015. My favorite actor is Tom Cruise and my favorite actress is a tie between Winona Ryder and Drew Barrymore.
016. My favorite horror movies are Hellraiser and The Wicker Man (The original, NOT the remake!).
017. I haven't had a car (or driven much, really) since 2009, but I'm hoping to get one soon.
018. I have related with Crows and Ravens my whole life. I love Corvids!
019. My favorite game ever is Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
020. I love game music remixes!
021. I didn't like spicy food until a few years ago, I just suddenly started eating it. The brain is a weird thing...
022. I went through a phase in my 20s when my food had to be really bland. All I wanted to eat was unsalted, unseasoned chicken breast. Glad I snapped out of it. O_o
023. is my least favorite number. Ever since I saw The Number 23 (the Jim Carrey movie) I see that number everywhere. IT HAUNTS ME.
024. My favorite song when I was four was Mr. Roboto by Styx. I wore out the cassette and drove my parents insane by playing it over and over in the car. It's still one of my favorites!
025. I have tried being Christian several times in my life, but I was just reaaaally bad at it. I finally accepted that my beliefs fall more in line with Paganism. The forest is my cathedral.
026. I own almost every Junji Ito manga. If you like horror manga I would highly recommend his work!
027. I am obsessed with the paranormal and urban legends (especially BEK/Black-eyed Kids or Black-eyed People)
028. I love a good Creepypasta.
029. According to my DNA composition at 23andme.com, I am 75.2% German and 23% British/Irish. The rest is comprised of Finnish, Eastern European, Broadly Northwestern European and trace amounts of Native American/East Asian ancestry. I am very interested in my genetics and ancestry. I have a family tree on Ancestry.com that goes back almost 2000 years. Don't know exactly how accurate it is, though. I take those things with a grain of salt until it's proven fact. I would love to hire a professional geneaologist to sort through my family tree and find what's accurate and what isn't, and also shed some light on my dad's side of the family, which has been rather difficult to figure out.
030. I'm more scared of knives than I am of guns.
031. My favorite emoji is
032. My favorite type of horror are Cosmic Horror (a la Lovecraft) and Folk Horror (like The Wicker Man). I also enjoy "found footage" movies.
033. My favorite Disney Princess is Jasmine, I have a little shrine for her on one of my shelves.
034. I'm definitely a procrastinator. :(
035. When I was a kid, I thought if I pulled the sheets up around my neck, vampires couldn't bite me. Now I kinda want one to bite me tbh
036. My first keyboard had a Wham! song pre-programmed into it which should tell you something about my age... FYI it was "Wake me Up before you Go Go". Can't stand that song.
037. If I were born male, my Mom said she would have named me Nicholas.
038. I really dislike most social media and the centralization of the internet! The only thing Facebook is good for is cute cat videos. Twitter is toxic bullsheet and you couldn't pay me to use it.
039. The reason I'm greatful for Neocities is that I'm seeing people building sites like the ones I was building when I was fifteen, and it gives me an incredible nostalgic feeling. I always hope more people will decide to build a personal site and help take the internet back from Facebook and Twitter. Use the internet as it was intended, for self expression and creativity!
040. When I was 11 I tried to breakdance (or something, god knows what it was) at a school dance. You can probably guess how that went D: Hey, don't judge me it was the 90s.
041. I tried Icelandic Skyr (a traditional yogurt) the other day, it was really good and creamy. I'd definitely recommend it. I loooove yogurt, especially greek, and now I like Skyr! Also it's good for you :D
042. I collect Funko Pops, but am super picky about which ones I buy. I stick to the anime, pokemon, and videogame figures.
043. I like trash TV. Not even gonna lie about it. Jerry Springer, Maury, 90 Day Fiance etc. *does the 'you are NOT the father' dance*
044. I have a decent collection of those How To Draw Manga and similar and anatomy books because I still feel like I can't draw.
045. I actually used to be what I'd consider a good artist (2004 honestly was the last time I felt talented), but then I got depressed and lost my creative drive. Didn't draw for a long time and now I feel like I have to start from scratch. It's depressing because I feel like being an artist *defines me*, because it always HAS, my entire life...and I need to work to get my talent back because without it I feel like I'm nothing.
046. And it seems that no matter what I do, I still can't draw freakin' HANDS. It drives me bonkers.
047. Back in 2006-ish, my belongings lost all sentimental and nostalgic value to me, don't know why. A glitch in the brain I guess. I sold a butt ton of my old stuff on Ebay, including a little Yami no Matsuei artbook I got in NYC, which I deeply miss. I really regret doing that because I can never get those things that mean so much to me back.
048. For my 16th birthday, I got a trip to NYC. It was so cool! It was also a major culture shock. I was amazed with all the things there were to do, and the bagels and pizza were fricken fantastic. I saw Rocky Horror on Broadway, which was insane. I loved NYC. Went home, and 9/11 happened a couple months later.
049. My favorite word is "sonorous" but I never get a chance to use it :(
050. I saw a ghost or spirit or...something when I was 14. He was standing in the middle of the road in the rain and cars were whizzing past like they didn't see him. He was dressed in black, like a post-apocalyptic cowboy. He had a long black coat and big wide-brimmed black hat. Looked right at me. I know it sounds weird and goofy but it happened. My grandpa, who was driving, was inches away from the guy and didn't see him. Aaaand now y'all think I'm nuts. :D
051. I'm not photogenic at all. I look like a f*cking goblin in most photos.
052. When I was a kid I thought that Arkansas and Arkansaw were two different states. >_>
053. I'm a Pagan that loves Christmas. I love the holiday season in general. I love the smells associated with it and the warm coziness of it all.
054. I love Giant Robots, like a lot. Gundam is my fav franchise.
055. I have a 12 year old cactus named Euclid. I had another, Bob, but Bob got the fungus and died. Euclid also got the fungus but I cut it off in time. He is now the height of a small child and resides in my mom's kitchen.
056. Another favorite animal is Camels, and Camelids like Llamas and Alpacas.
057. I enjoy 20th century dystopian fiction, like 1984, Brave New World, Atlas Shrugged, The Handmaids Tale, etc
058. My favorite Science Fiction author is H.G. Wells. He was well ahead of his time. I am very partial to The Time Machine.
059. My favorite Horror author is (obviously) H.P. Lovecraft. He introduced a new kind of mind-bending cosmic f*ckery into the horror genre.
060. I love Horror manga and if anyone has recs for a good one, I'm all ears!
061. I still use Winamp because I hate change.
062. I have a filthy mouth, but I try to tamp it down for this site. You should hear me when I'm alone, stub my toe, drop something, etc
063. I love trying foreign candy and snacks. That started in middle school when my friend, who's from Hong Kong, gave me some candies from a Chinese brand called "White Rabbit". Lately I've been getting German snacks from Aldi.
064. When I was 14/15, I pierced my nose twice, my earlobes twice, and my cartilage once, with a needle. I also dyed my hair with kool aid. My mom had a rough time.
065. I am currently trying to learn Blender 3D. I'm currently doing the famous donut tutorial and it is effing KILLING ME.
066. I have a decent record collection, mostly of kinda harder to find 80s vinyl. Post-punk, deathrock, and new wave mostly, and regular popular music. I recently discovered that a lot of them are warped which is surprising because I stored them properly. I'm trying to flatten them out!
067. I loathe clickbait-y Buzzfeed-esque headlines. They make me irrationally angry. I also hate when headlines say "blah blah blah AND HERE'S WHY."
068. My absolute dream is to live in a city, one that's close to the ocean. I want a cool minimalist apartment with a vaporwave/outrun vibe, and a big window with an awesome view of the city. Ideally I'd be doing art (3D and animating) for a living and makin' lots of money. I'd have friends that don't act like total jagoffs and they'd actually talk to me! It'll probably never happen, but...
069. Generally I dislike people, but love Humanity. Does that even make sense?
070. When I'm trying to go to sleep, instead of counting sheep, my brain makes up new (and weird) levels of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Seriously. Just endless jumping and running until I fall asleep. It's actually very calming. Strange, but calming.